As the old saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure.” If you’re wondering about preventive measures you can apply to help reduce your risks of getting infected by the Coronavirus. The following hygiene habits could help.
Habits for Preventing the Coronavirus
What to Avoid:
- Avoid public gatherings all together.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid hugs and kisses of all types.
- Avoid touching surfaces of objects in public places with your bare hands: Objects such as, door knobs, money bills & coins.
- Avoid using someone else’s computer keyboards except if they are sanitized.
- Avoid touching or speaking into publicly used microphones
- Avoid public transports altogether, but wear a mask and hand gloves if you compulsorily have to travel by them
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your eyes with your bare hands.
- Avoid sharing masks, towels eating and/or drinking utensils with anyone.
- Avoid walking around the house in outerwear and shoes you have worn to the street.
What to do:
- Stay away from sick people, but if you must interact with a sick loved one, make sure you wear a mask and hand gloves.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, especially when you return home, and before eating or preparing your meals.
- Rinse your nostrils with warm water and your throat with salted warm water after returning from the street.
- Cover your nose when you cough or sneeze with a handkerchief, a wipe or your hands.
- Wash your hands after using them to cover your nose/mouth when you coughed, sneezed or blowing your nose.
Habits for Preventing the Coronavirus are very adequate and can be implemented in our life easily.
If you are experiencing frequent cold or flu-like symptoms similar to the Coronavirus disease symptoms you need to call your doctor and discuss your symptoms over the phone instead of visiting the doctor’s office or a hospital. Since its unclear whether or not you’ve got cold, flu or the COVID-19 infection, this will help avoid transmitting the disease to anyone else.
If there is a high infection, and or mortality rate in your country, state, city, or county; its best if you just stay at home to reduce your chances of coming in contact with persons who are potentially ill with the virus.
Coronavirus symptoms. (n.d.). Health Stats News – Informing the World about Health issues. https://www.acbdnews.com/coronavirus-symptoms/
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) GEO situation. (n.d.). Health stats news – Informing the World about Health issues. https://www.acbdnews.com/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-situation/